The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
Canonfire :: View topic - The Adventures of Robin Hood -- Greyhawk Edition
Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- D&D 3.0e/3.5e/d20/Pathfinder
The Adventures of Robin Hood -- Greyhawk Edition
Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Sep 25, 2024 10:49 am  
The Adventures of Robin Hood -- Greyhawk Edition

Since I did not get a reply on my askance on the Greyhawk Heresy forum, I decided that I'd go for it. This is for PF1.

In the Duchy of Ulek, there is the Silverwood. The Silverwood, besides being a haunt of wood elves and grugach, is also a haunt of Robin and his merry band!

Adventure in the Duchy of Ulek, around the Silverwood. Link to a map here.

Create a character based on the famous outlaw and his band. Friar Tuck, Little John, Alan-a-Dale, Will Scarlet, and others are up for grabs. Or create an entirely new character. You have the freedom to choose any class (or race) you like for your character.

* Abilities: Point buy, 20 points.
* Level: 1.
* Traits: 2.
* Drawbacks: none.
* Wealth: 1st level, roll for it.
* Alignment: try to choose good or neutral.

Play with the RAW. No Elephant-in-the-Room.

Pathfinder Resources: Pathfinder Core Rulebook, Advanced Player's Guide, Advanced Race Guide, Ultimate Magic, Ultimate Combat, and Advanced Class Guide. I also have a number of Pathfinder Player Companions and Pathfinder Campaign Setting books on my hard drive. Ask about a Companion or Pathfinder Campaign Setting book you want to use to clear it with me first. Also, you may choose any Archetype you desire from these books.

Classes Available: PFCRB: Bard, Barbarian, Cleric, Druid, Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue, Sorcerer, and Wizard. APG: Alchemist, Cavalier (I suggest only one of these in the party, if you want to play Ivanhoe), Inquisitor, Summoner, and Witch (not recommended, though). UC: None. Ninja and Samurai would be found only on the Isle of Nippon, which hasn't been discovered yet. UM: Magus. ACG: Swashbuckler.

Greyhawk Resources: I suggest going to Drivethru and picking up both Greyhawk: the Adventure Begins and the Greyhawk Player's Guide. Both AD&D 2e. These two are the only ones you're going to need. If you want more information on the Uleks (Duchy of Ulek, County of Ulek, and the Principality of Ulek); you can pick up a copy of the Greyhawk Campaign Setting (circa 1983) or the Living Greyhawk Gazetteer (circa 2001). Both from drivethru.

I'm recruiting on Paizo, but I may be persuaded to run something here.

Last edited by EltonJ on Thu Sep 26, 2024 7:18 am; edited 1 time in total
GreySage

Wed Sep 25, 2024 5:53 pm  

I notice a conspicuous absence of the Archer (NPC) class from Dragon Magazine #45. If anyone deserves to be an Archer, it is Robin Hood. Cool

SirXaris

Thu Sep 26, 2024 7:17 am  

You're right, Sir Xaris. The Archer class would work well. Perhaps the class can be simulated by taking Fighter and the appropriate feats?
GreySage

Thu Sep 26, 2024 6:13 pm  

EltonJ wrote:
You're right, Sir Xaris. The Archer class would work well. Perhaps the class can be simulated by taking Fighter and the appropriate feats?

Yeah, you can make a decent Archer out of a fighter, or even a ranger in PF1.

You could also suggest that your player who wants to play Robin Hood convert the class over from the AD&D NPC to a PF1 class (perhaps it can be a prestige class that a fighter or ranger, etc. could take at a higher level). As DM, you'd have authority to guide the player's excesses, but they could save you lots of work by doing the basic design layout themselves.

SirXaris

Fri Sep 27, 2024 9:14 am  

Again, you are right. Although right now, I have a player that wants to make a cambion/alu-demon player character (with a half succubus/incubus template). I didn't restrict them on race (one guy is looking to create a Kitsune ranger, being inspired by Disney's Robin Hood).

Yep, I made a mistake on race and have opened up a can of worms. However, I wanted to foster player creativity.
GreySage

Fri Sep 27, 2024 3:30 pm  

I did the same thing recently, hoping to allow my players to do what they thought would be the most fun for them. They wanted to fight pirates on the high seas, so one built an Aasimar (wings, etc.), one built a rock golem PC, another built a Loxo (elephant humanoid) with four trunks. He thought he could wield weapons in both hands and all four trunks at the same time. I nixed the use of weapons with the trunks. Laughing

Of course, the rock golem PC fell off the ship into the sea and drowned.

SirXaris

Sat Sep 28, 2024 7:23 am  

Well, fighting pirates on the high seas isn't good for a rock golem. Of course he would fall off and drown. Laughing
   Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- D&D 3.0e/3.5e/d20/Pathfinder All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: